Saturday, July 16, 2011

Technology invasion

Nintendo DSi invading young generation
This was taken by my 2.75yr. old baby girl,in her perspective of her 6yr old big bro' (manoy). It keeps me thinking what gets these kids' attention! I'm worried about their social & inter-personal skills are being compromised. After these gadgets got entry into our home, my kids are getting grumpy, and noisy! Role models are switching from parents to super-mario, sonic-hedgehog/rush, Wall-E, Dora, Thomas, etc. Apart from the vocabulary they learn which is incredible, kids' desires have changed. They prefer videos than stepping outside and playing. Also their posture of playing is so crooked on their spine. My boy even named one of his handheld video game as "NECK PAIN TOY". It's a poison tree in my eyes. We gotto uproot it soon ... if not pruning it atleast! Wish me luck. Am I too critical? How do you guys handle?

No comments: